Looking through the blogs this am, I found this amazing and touching way a bride can ask her crew to be by her side. Check out these great invitations by Jordan Ferney from Oh Happy Day!:
Here are few other creative and DIY ideas that I love:
- Ask them in a customized fortune, such as the ones found in these fortune cookie favors at MyWeddingFavors.com
- Invite your future bridesmaids to lunch, and place a different individual flower at each setting. Attach a note, with: "Will you carry this special flower down the aisle as my bridesmaid?"
- Plan a girl's movie night to watch My Best Friends Wedding, and give everyone a small bag of carmel corn with a tag that reads: "The best view in the house, is the view by my side: Will you be my bridesmaid?"
- Send a personalized candle, with the phrase "Be my bMaid?". Find these amazing candles at RedEnvelope.com.
- Nothing says warmth like a pair of gloves. Gift each of your bMaids a different pair of gloves with a handwritten note that read: "Will you hold my hand on my special day and be one of my bridesmaids?". Check out Anthropologie.com for their amazing collection!
- Send a cd with songs that are special to the two of you, with a cover or tag that pops the big B-maid question.
- Antique keys are rare, and inspire visions of secret gardens & locked doors. Send each of your bMaids a different key, reminding them that you need their keys to your sole, by your side on the big day.
- Buy a two picture, picture frame. Place your favorite photo of the two of you on one side, and a note in the glass on the other with a message that says: "Reserved for future bride/bridesmaid picture. Will you be my bMaid?"