November 12, 2009

connections, connections....connections


So...the more and more I continue to share the news on my career change, the more and more people/place/things seem to be connecting my way. Recently, an old high school friend got in contact with me to chat about all things life, and to plan our once-postponed trip to Mexico (darn Swine Flu!) I hadn't seen or talked with her in months, so she had no idea I was about to embark on a gigantic life change. Despite this, however, it wasn't really a huge surprise to her that I would want to become a wedding planner...After all, she was the one who gave me my first big break by recommending I be the day-of coordinator for her sister's wedding (For that, I will always be indebted to you Doreenie!). But...as if it's her life mission to make my dreams possible, she yet again recommended that I contact a friend from high school, who lives near our home town and owns her own wedding planning business. So exciting! Not that anything job-wise is guaranteed to develop from this...but, at the very least, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to gain some insight into a wedding planner's journey, from a person that I know and respect. Thanks Doreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment