April 22, 2010

the fireplace mantel


For some reason, I've spent the better part of this morning ogling over fireplace mantels. I can't really explain my current obsession except to say that it's likely due to my fixation on this vision in my head of the perfect home, and having an amazing fireplace mantel is part of that perfect vision. 
Fireplaces, too, are symbolic of many things, and have come to serve as a place where loved ones (families, brides/grooms, friends, etc) can congregate, contemplate and/or commit life, love, and the pursuit of happiness (and, oh yeah, pursuit of heat in the dead of winter!). Here are a few that I love love love. And...if you think you've got a better one, send me a photograph!
photographs: 1, 3, 5, 6 & 7) designsponge 2)gardenpartysisters 4)luxuryhousingtrends

No comments:

Post a Comment