October 27, 2009

In the beginning...

“YOU’RE CRAZY!”


“In this economy, you should be thanking your lucky stars you have a job…that you get a paycheck. Not everyone is soo lucky.”

“What…How…When…Where…WHY?”

____________________________


November, 2009, in one of the worst economic periods our country (and even world) have ever experienced, I have decided to take on a challenge that many have said is stupid, crazy, and down-right INSANE! At the end of January, I Cynthia Beard I will leave my job in higher education, working with fraternities/sororoties, student organizations and leadership…to pursue my dreams with a career in the wedding industry. Since making such an enormous decision, I've experienced a myriad of emotions that seem to come and go at will, without any regard for my strong desire or passion in making this work. Some moments I've felt as if I’ve made the best decision of my life…pursuing a passion that’s been the cornerstone of my creative existence since I was 5 years old (I remember buying bridal magazines as soon as I was old enough to ask, and even then getting crazy looks from my parents, who were probably wondering what the heck a tiny 5 year would want with a 300 page bridal magazine).

Other moments, my insides are screaming…. “CRAZY!!!“ ….along with everybody else.

But…the journey WILL begin, and my job WILL be left. And, in an attempt to lasso in the universe for support, my journey WILL be shared here.


At the end of the day, we are forced to look ourselves in the mirror and answer to the choices we make day-in & day-out. This choice…the choice to pursue my dreams…becomes, at the end of THIS day, not so much a choice…but a solid answer to the utlimate question from the mirror: “What would you attempt to do today, if you knew you COULD NOT FAIL?” :

No comments:

Post a Comment